January 22, 2011

Spring 2011 Preview


This spring I am designing four collections (maybe more, I'm not sure yet). Here is a preview of two of them! I will be debuting both collections at Avoid the Grey next Saturday. Avoid the Grey is an annual fashion show produced by my favorite uptown Minneapolis boutique, Cliché.

First is "Tribe of Flowers", a jewelry collection featuring hybrid styles of Art Deco, Egyptian Revival, and Tribal. This collection has a color palette of gold, black, red, pink, and light blue. I can see Tribe of Flowers being so versatile - with a maxi dress or even your favorite cargo pants. Some statement necklaces in this collection are one of a kind, and feature chain maille and large Art Deco brass panels. Tribe of Flowers will be shown with Sydney Ilten's designs in the floral segment of Avoid the Grey.

The other collection I will be showing at Avoid the Grey is called Pure Etherea. This collection is inspired by mod fashion from the 1960s, futurism, intelligence, and optimism. It also reminds me of Bond Girls. I used light tones of silver and gold mixed with vintage plastics in clear and opaque white. A few pieces include chandelier crystals, white jade, and organic resin. The clarity provided by a lack of color palette makes me think of a sharp mind that looks towards the future with hope and happiness. Pure Etherea will be shown with Jenny Carle's designs in the mod segment of Avoid the Grey. You can also see a few pieces from this collection in the Spring/Summer issue of MN Bride magazine.

Check out an exclusive preview of the Avoid the Grey look book at Jahna Peloquin's blog. My necklaces are in two of the looks show. Yay! If you plan to go to the runway show but don't have tickets yet, buy them now! Two showtimes are already sold out.

xoxo
Kristin





No comments: