September 22, 2015

Merlinda Moonwave Vs Mercury Part 1


I try not to put too much stake into Mercury's retrograde status. It's made up to be this huge problem, but really it doesn't have to be. I'll admit it, the last few days I have felt drained and less motivated. What's more concerning is that I've reverted to old emotional habits that I've outgrown. I let many things bother me yesterday and was easily annoyed. I was beating myself up about every little thing - "I did this wrong, I screwed that up, I'm a terrible person because of this other thing, that person doesn't like me". 


So how is this not a problem? Because I'm not going to let it be one. Whether it's Mercury or strange mood weather, I can recognize that these thoughts and actions are not part of who I am or want to be. I recognize that these negative thought patterns are not helpful to me in any way. So it stops right now.  I felt my energy shift the moment I started writing this post, I'm feeling better already. I've been using my "XYZ" trick  to wrangle up all that anxiety ridden self talk that was running loose in my mind. Today I will be a better friend to myself. I will believe in myself when making editorial decisions, which will increase my productivity. I will not allow myself to become irritated if something doesn't work out. 


Just a few months ago, I was laying in bed with one working leg and two paralyzed hands. I got through that by believing in myself and turning my frustration into creative/healing power. I've come this far, so I will not allow any negativity to derail me.  I've read that retrogrades can be viewed as opportunities to heal aspects from our past. I think that is a brilliant way to look at it, so that is what I will do. To heal yourself, find the belief in your heart. Know that you can do it for yourself. That mindset is everything. Can you look past the things that you fight with yourself about? Can you symbolically take yourself by the hand as if you were a child and be your own guardian? By healing the wounds of our past, we expand towards a brighter future. If we are more accepting of ourselves, we will also be more patient with others. The change starts within and radiates outwards.





No comments: