May 14, 2015

Wyrd Rainbow Unicorn


Rainbow tie dye sweater, vintage horse t shirt, and floral bike shorts: this is one rad looking outfit. These pics are from April 28th when I was on my way to physical therapy. I don't leave my house often, so when I do, I like to look extra fun and colorful. 

I tie dyed the sweater myself, it's a thrifted Betsey Johnson. The sweater has tiny silver threads that are highlighted with the rainbow tones. I previewed a close up of this bohemian sweater in my recent Positive Energy post. As soon as I am able, I will be creating more dyed knits for sale. There are still some available in my Etsy shop.


I like to take selfies while riding in the car. I have to sit in the back seat with my leg outstretched because I can't bend it enough to sit in the front seat. I don't see all selfies as vain. When I am having a hard day, dealing with pain and frustration, I like to look back at photos of myself feeling happy and strong. 

Outfit details: 
Tie  Dye Sweater: Bionic Unicorn 
Vintage Horse T Shirt: Cool Clear Water
Bike Shorts: Forever 21 (I have since decided not to shop there due to poor labor practices)
Legwarmers: Target 
Buffalo Platform Sneakers (no longer available): Solestruck 


The Enchanted Rock Garden is only a few miles away from my physical therapy clinic, so each week I get to pick out a new crystal.  (They don't do business online, otherwise I would link you.) This week I selected a celestite orb for it's pain relief properties. I meditate on the crystal and channel it's energy through my body when I am experiencing extreme pain or having difficulty with a new therapy excercise. I learned that celestite, aka celestine, is from Madagascar. It seems I am drawn to many crystals, plants, and animals from Madagascar. Perhaps I was there in a past life. As a lemur. 


I started reading Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett  (love it) and became interested in the word "wyrd". The image above is an illustration of wyrd. I like the following definition quite a bit:
"This is my wyrd, woven from the threads I have provided by my past thoughts and actions; I myself have designed the unfolding pattern of my life." 



No comments: