March 18, 2015

Positive Energy




"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Positive Energy. Self Expression. Eco Friendly Fashion. Insightful Ideas. 

I've realigned myself with the universe, and Bionic Unicorn along with it. Many of you know me best from my Steampunk designs, of which I've had to take a break. I still love Steampunk style, but I need to make something else now. I've spent a lot of time imagining what that thing should be. In fact, I have spent too much time debating it. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in trying to be perfect that I toss out perfectly good ideas. I've decided to stop worrying about defining things, and I am just going to design what makes me happy. I hope that you will stay with me for the ride.

My new designs may be different than what you have seen from the Bionic Unicorn of the past, but that is what Bionic Unicorn is all about really: Being magical, believing in yourself, changing and adapting according to your needs, and rebuilding yourself to be stronger! Those are all the things I am working on, and I will continue to share my positive energy with you through my jewelry and upcycled clothing.

This next part is a crucial factor to the change in my artistic direction. I am sick over what is happening with the planet. Animal species are going extinct, we've got entire dead zones where coral reefs used to flourish, and the ocean is constantly being polluted. Those are just a few problems off the top of my head. How can we change this? We must be the change we want every day. We must open our eyes and make conscious, non wasteful decisions every day, all the time. I don't want to be part of the generation that did nothing and watched the Earth die. Our well being depends on the health of the ocean, our fates entwined.

No comments: